Wielkopolskie Towarzystwo Genealogiczne GNIAZDO

Forum dyskusyjne WTG GNIAZDO
Teraz jest 16 kwi 2024, 10:58

Strefa czasowa: UTC + 1

Autor Wiadomość
PostNapisane: 09 kwi 2013, 19:47 

Hi fellow genealogist,

I am looking for help on getting more information on my Polish ancestors.

Wladyslaw Paluszewski and Franciszka Kasmierszak emigrated to Denmark around 1911 with 2 children.
They married in Przedecz, Koło, 1909, and therefore I hope this is the right forum to ask. If not, I would also appreciate help to find the correct society to ask.

Wladyslaw Paluszewski was probably born in Kłodawa, Koło around 1883, and Franciszka Kasmierszak was born in Zarowo, Koło, around 1887.
Can you help me find more information on these two and their ancestors, or maybe help me to some clues to how to find church records of their marriage and births? They are supposedly catholics, if that narrows down the search.

Thanks a lot in advance,
Peter Paluszewski

PostNapisane: 09 kwi 2013, 21:05 

Hi Peter! :)

Yes, this is the right forum to ask :wink:

Some information for you:
This is a website where you can find some records from the Polish archives
http://www.szukajwarchiwach.pl/

First, you must find a marriage certificate of Władysław and Franciszka. But now, you know, that Władysław was born in Kłodawa in 1883.
Fortunately, I found a birth certificate of Władysław (I think):
http://www.szukajwarchiwach.pl/54/765/0/6.1/122/skan/full/RfhIJFk6RG1LrBDsDTgH7w
The birth certificate is unfortunately in Russian. But if you want to translate this, let me know.
From this document you know, that Władysław was born in Kłodawa 22th of June 1883. His father's name was Józef Paluszewski (Paluszek), and his mother named Joanna Szałek.

Vital records from Kłodawa you can find on this page:
http://www.szukajwarchiwach.pl/54/765/0/-#tabSerie

Now, when you know his parents, you can find their marriage certificate. So, now you can look at the next website:
http://poznan-project.psnc.pl/

This is a search engine of marriages from Great Poland 1800-1899.

I found a marriage certificate of Józef Paluszewski and Joanna Szałek:

Roman Catholic Parish: Chełmno, 7 / 1882
Józef Paluszewski (39) father: Wojciech Paluszewski +, mother: Joanna Buczyńska +
Joanna Szałek (23) father: Karol Szałek +, mother: Marianna Radzik
And also you see, that Josef was a widower, and his first wife was named Antonina Stegenta

And this is the act:
http://www.szukajwarchiwach.pl/54/736/0/6.1/107/skan/full/a2i-Ok6GjJqdeljGrlRrOQ

I hope, that you will find many of your Polish ancestors :)

PostNapisane: 12 kwi 2013, 21:33 

Hi, and wow,

You found much more than I had hoped for. I had feared/been looking forward to having to go to the archives in Poznan. Thank you very much. I am able to read a bit of Russian, so with the help of another page I found on the format and common words used, I believe I'll be able to translate these records myself. Unfortunately Polish is still mostly gibberish to me :(

You were spot on with the birth and marriage records you found - they match with the partial information I have already.
Thank you for the link to szukajwarchiwach - With google translate I'm getting used to the site.

Maybe you or someone else can help me with a few more questions:

a) On szukajwarchiwach, if I find a record with no digital copies, is the next step then to contact the archive? Or wait till they have also scanned the years I'm looking for?

b) Usually my next step after finding birth records would be to try to find and follow the parents in census records. Does census records or something similar exist for the Wielkopolskie region, and are they available online?

Once again, thank you for your help
Peter

Edit: Rephrased question b)

Ostatnio edytowano 13 kwi 2013, 09:11 przez Peterpal, łącznie edytowano 1 raz

PostNapisane: 13 kwi 2013, 09:04 

Hi Peter,

because of Denmark please look here: http://www.ddd.dda.dk/ddd-tysk/ddd.htm
It is the german version but it`s also available in English.

Best regards
Ruth

Meine Vorfahren in Masuren:
Brzezinski, Snop(p)ek, Salewski, Rudnik, S(z)okoll, Waschkowitz

PostNapisane: 13 kwi 2013, 09:09 

Hi Ruth,

Thank you - I must have been unclear of what I meant.
I am from Denmark, so I know how do proceed with my Danish ancestors. Exactly on the page you provide, looking for census records.

Do you know if something similar is available in Poland?

Thank you in advance
Peter

PostNapisane: 13 kwi 2013, 09:42 

Hi Peter,

sorry, but I think it was my mistake because my English is not the best.
As far as I know in Poland are existing a lot of websites with names but I think the most important site is this one of szukajwarchiwach.pl .
Maybe also this site: http://geneteka.genealodzy.pl

Best regards
Ruth

Meine Vorfahren in Masuren:
Brzezinski, Snop(p)ek, Salewski, Rudnik, S(z)okoll, Waschkowitz

PostNapisane: 02 lip 2013, 10:37 

hi Peter. accidentally came across your post. I'm from the area Przedecz. I live in the neighboring village of Zarowo. do you know the names of siblings, Franciszka? I may be able to help you.

PostNapisane: 02 lip 2013, 16:02 

Hi Kaarola,

That sounds wonderful.

Here's what I know:
I have a translated marriage document from Przedecz, Feb. 3rd 1909, between Wladyslaw Paluszewski and Franciszka Kasmierszak.

In this, Franciszkas parents are named: Jozef Kasmierszak and Małgorzata Kruszyn, - or something similar - the translation may have missed the correct names.
Franciszka is mentioned as being 21 years old ie. born ~ 1888. From later records I estimate that she is probably born in march 1887 in Zarowo. I have looked at http://www.szukajwarchiwach.pl/ and cannot find the records online :(

I do not have any information on her siblings, but the couple had two children before emigrating:
Sabrina, b. 1909 in Zarowo
Leocadia, b. 1911 in Opetowice (my guess, based on bad handwriting from marriage records in Denmark)

Any help with finding her records (and ancestors) is very much appreciated.

Kind Regards
Peter

PostNapisane: 03 lip 2013, 20:02 

what exactly you need to know. I think if you lived in Żarowo is certainly some ancestors were and continue to their children or grandchildren live in the community Przedecz. in Żarowo still live people named Kazmierczak. I think that may be with you kinship

PostNapisane: 15 lip 2013, 15:43 

Hi Kaarola

Thank you for your reply.

I'm looking for any information on Franciszka Kasmierszak's Polish family. If you know how to find her birth record that would be of great help. Else contact to someone from that area, maybe with the name Kasmierszak and interest in genealogy could also help me.

Regards,
Peter

PostNapisane: 19 lis 2016, 23:25 

Hello Peter, my name is Anna Kacperska from home Gawrysiak. I live in Żarowo. Józef Paluszewski is my uncle. I have many informations and fotos about family Kaźmierczak and Paluszewski. Please contact for me.

Strefa czasowa: UTC + 1