Wielkopolskie Towarzystwo Genealogiczne GNIAZDO

Forum dyskusyjne WTG GNIAZDO
Teraz jest 28 mar 2024, 10:21

Strefa czasowa: UTC + 1

Autor Wiadomość
PostNapisane: 28 mar 2020, 19:41 

Hi everybody, I wish you are fine inspite of the containment :)

I have a question about a family name, because I have a big doubt about my family tree.
Here is the matter:

On Poznan Project, I can read that an ancestor of mine (Anton Gajewski, alias Jayka) marries Anna Silska.
Name of Anton's parents are (father) Rochus Jayka, and (mother) Anna Rosa Thamke.

Still here, it's not a big deal: I was told that at that time, people's name were not as claerly established as today.
But...

1) On BaSIA, I can find indications about "Jayka" family (wich is, in fact, Gayke):
http://www.basia.famula.pl/fr/
And here, no trace of Anton (among children of Gayke's).
I mean, Anton was born in 1832; I can find the name of his sisters (?) Paulina, born in 1831, or Marianna, born in 1836. But nothing about him.

2) Later, every single other children of the family keep the name of their parents (even if girls change when the get marry).
6 others children: all "Gayke's". Nothing else. No any "alias". Anton is the only one with another name (Gajewski) which comes even before the name of his father (!)

So my question is: is it possible that "Jayke" is called "father" of Anton for a "moral" reason (a kind of adoption, for example) or is it necessary that Anton is the son of those designated in these terms in the act of marriage (on Projet Poznan)?

Thank you for yor help

Regards

MH

Strefa czasowa: UTC + 1